8 cups chicken broth or chicken stock
1 tsp salt, or more to taste
1/2 tsp black pepper, or more to taste
4 medium uncooked carrots, thinly sliced into rounds
1 uncooked fennel bulb, thinly sliced and chopped
1 cup uncooked orzo
2 cups cooked chicken breast, chopped
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
3 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
1. In a large soup pot, combine broth, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil over high heat.
2. Add carrots, fennel and orzo, bring to a boil.
3. Reduce heat to low and simmer, partially covered, until orzo and vegetables are tender (8-10 minutes).
4. Stir in chicken and cook until heated through
5. Remove from heat; stir in lemon juice and dill.
Recipe Courtesy of myrecipes.com