10 slices day-old cinnamon-raisin swirl bread, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
4 large eggs
2 cups whole milk
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
maple syrup or icing, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat an 8×8 inch square baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Place bread pieces inside dish and drizzle with the melted butter.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, both sugars, vanilla, and cinnamon; whisk until well blended.
- Pour liquid mixture over bread, and lightly push down with a spatula (or your hands) until bread is covered and soaking up the egg mixture.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the top springs back when lightly tapped. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.