4 medium beets, roasted
1 cup cider vinegar
1 cup water
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp dry mustard
5 whole black peppercorns
- In a saucepan, bring vinegar, water, sugar, salt, and mustard to a boil over medium-heat until sugar has dissolved.
- Simmer for a few minutes then remove from heat and let cool.
- Add peppercorns and sliced beets to clean glass jar(s). Pour brine into the glass jars covering the beets. Cover and set aside for a few hours.
- Refrigerate for up to 6 weeks!
- honey for sugar
- pickling spice for black peppercorns
Recipe Courtesy of Belly Full