Normally, we only post recipes to our website that include vegetables that we’ve actually grown on the farm, but this recipe was too good not to share! We used the following ingredients from the Farm Stand to make this dish:
French Baguette from Baked
Mushrooms from King Mushrooms
Milk from Nice Farms Creamery
Eggs from Twin Post Farm
1 package portobellos
1 package shitakes
1 lb onions
4 tbsp butter
1 french baguette
1 1/2 cups whole milk
tsp whole grain mustard
1 tsp dried tarragon
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
- Chop baguette into 1-inch pieces and set aside in a large bowl.
- Rough chop the mushrooms to 1-inch pieces and set aside.
- Sliced the onions into thin rings and set aside.
- Heat butter over medium-high heat in a large saute pan; once melted add the onions and a sprinkle of sugar. Let saute for about 5-7 minutes to soften onions. Add mushrooms and saute for about 6 – 8 minutes longer. Once onions and mushrooms are sauteed, add them to the bowl with chopped French baguette.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the eggs, milk, mustard, tarragon, salt and pepper until well combined. Pour mixture over the bread, mushrooms and onions. Fold all ingredients together and let sit for about 5 minutes.
- Lightly grease large baking dish and pour ingredients into dish. Bake at 350 for about 35-40 minutes.