3 large parsnips*
3 red beets* (save beet greens!)
*all peeled and chopped into 1/2″ pieces
3 tbsp olive oil
8 cups water
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
2 cups coarsely ground cornmeal
2 tbsp butter
4 ounces blue cheese or aged swiss
parsley, as a garnish
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Toss all chopped root vegetables with 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil and spread in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Roast veggies for 25 – 35 minutes or until fork tender.
3. In a large pot, boil water with salt. Pour in cornmeal and stir frequently until mixture has thickened. Once thick, reduce heat and stir occasionally for 20 – 25 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in butter and additional salt, if needed.
4. Next, prepare the beet greens. Add 1 1/2 tbsp of olive oil to pan over medium heat. Add greens and saute until they have wilted. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Once all vegetables, polenta, and greens are done, turn your broiler on high. Divide polenta, then greens, then root vegetables among serving dishes (must be oven safe). Top with cheese and broil for 2 – 3 minutes, until cheese has melted and browned a little.
6. Top with parsley and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Things Made Today