We think that if you have the ability to roast your own sweet peppers, do it! The flavor is amazing and you can roast something right out of your garden (or our garden)!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Brush a rimmed baking sheet lightly with olive oil and place your whole peppers on baking sheet. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and carefully flip the peppers over and roast for another 20 minutes
- There are two methods for removing skins that we use:
- Move roasted peppers to a brown paper bag and let sit for about 20 – 30 minutes
- Pile roasted peppers on a cutting board and cover with a large glass bowl and let sit for about 20 – 30 minutes
- Both methods will help to remove the skin from the peppers. Once skin has been removed. slice the peppers anyway that you like (dice, long slices, etc.). Use roasted peppers immediately or store them in a glass jar > pour olive oil in the jar with peppers, cover lightly with seal and lid and refrigerate.
Here are a few recipes that use roasted peppers that we think you might like: